On-the-go poetry entry #7

Can you blame me?


Looking toward the future
But you ask me to stay put
Weighing the consequences
You're talking inches
I constantly need a foot

So tired of the hot and frigid
Ready to just move on 
But something keeps me waiting
We're beyond the introduction
And the conclusion is foregone

Sometimes, it feels like games
You're so Guess Who?
We've skipped my turn
And I'm all out of guesses
Not in the mood for Clue

I told myself I love you
But that means nothing
You say you want to love me fully
Are you able to commit?
I bet you're bluffing

And can you blame me?
For being so over this
You're so quick to quit
Give my love away
Cease and desist 

Can't wait any longer
This is my final plea
I can't sit still anymore
I'm back on my own feet
Can you blame me?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hate your weed, your pot, and any other names you call it

On-the-go poetry entry #11

On-the-go poetry entry #10