On-the-go poetry entry #11


This Fall


Leaves have changed

And so have we

Couldn't count the colors

Beauty lost on me


We've come so long

Fought so hard

I need to reconsider

Clearing the yard


This needs to work

Because we're worth it

Exactly the way we are

We're perfect


And if we shatter

Both left scarred

I won't give up, I promise

To collect every shard


Because I've chased you

Through life's trees

All our good times

Can't be memories


Winter's coming

And summer has gone

I've settled with the facts

The conclusion I've drawn


With the time that's passed

Through life's seasons

I'll always need you

You're my reasons


And after thinking

Colors always fall in threes

There's reds and yellows

And there's you and me


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I hate your weed, your pot, and any other names you call it

On-the-go poetry entry #10